Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pecker

So This was the first of my three movies that I saw this week, and I must say I loved it! I know there are many mixed reviews on this movie but I love the out there personality of all the characters and the quirkiness of it all was so much fun! I found a lot of inspiration from watching pecker take his pictures but I think in this movie show him with a lot more possibilities then in a normal persons everyday life. I do really like the pictures that pecker takes I find them very interesting other then the few un-obvious pictures of certain unappealing areas !! All in all I think this movie was great and what I really liked was how it shows you how much of an impact your pictures could have on people such as the one of his dad with the no sale sign . Therefor because what you capture and make sure you know what your want to portray in your image!

One Hour Photo

This movie ended up to be a long creepier then I have ever remembered it being, I guess it was a very long time ago that I watched it. Although I do like his insight to photography, he really doesn't put another perspective to it, I'm not sure if I will ever take my pictures in to Walmart to get my pictures developed( not my photography pictures but personal point and shoot pictures) =) Also I really loved all the shots of the inner workings of the machines and of him at work cutting and developing them.

Oh Brother Where Art Thou
When I went in to this movie I did not know that I had already seen it like twenty times but I still really did enjoy it, but this time almost more because I really understood lighting and white balances and the effect of them all together. When I had watched it before these thing just weren't significant to me or even noticeable. This movie is really well edited and I really just loved everything about it. I did find that it dragged on in the end because I had seen it so many times before but I would really like to see how it looked before the editing was done and compare the two !!

1 comment:

  1. Well said Sheldean! I too found Pecker very inspirational. I went online and looked up some of the quotes from the movie, after, cause they were really inspiring, good photography quotes. For example "pubic Hair causes crime!" haha

    ReplyDelete